This project is read-only.

Code signing and XML build errors

Topics: Build System
Mar 29, 2013 at 11:16 PM
I downloaded a checkout of the Main directory, and am running into the following code signing and XML errors when performing a build. Could you give some guidance for how to resolve the issues?

Thanks,
Todd

Error 2 Cryptographic failure while signing assembly 'c:\Projects\celeriac-sample-programs\labs\DaveSexton.Labs\Source\DaveSexton.Labs.Wizards\obj\Debug\DaveSexton.Labs.Wizards.dll' -- 'Error reading key file 'c:\Projects\celeriac-sample-programs\labs\DaveSexton.Labs\Build\Properties\DaveSexton.Labs.v2.snk' -- The system cannot find the file specified. ' C:\Projects\celeriac-sample-programs\labs\DaveSexton.Labs\Source\DaveSexton.Labs.Wizards\CSC DaveSexton.Labs.Wizards

Error 3 Cryptographic failure while signing assembly 'c:\Projects\celeriac-sample-programs\labs\DaveSexton.Labs\Source\DaveSexton.Labs-Silverlight 5\obj\Debug\DaveSexton.Labs.dll' -- 'Error reading key file 'c:\Projects\celeriac-sample-programs\labs\DaveSexton.Labs\Build\Properties\DaveSexton.Labs.v2.snk' -- The system cannot find the file specified. ' C:\Projects\celeriac-sample-programs\labs\DaveSexton.Labs\Source\DaveSexton.Labs-Silverlight 5\CSC DaveSexton.Labs-Silverlight 5

Error 4 Cryptographic failure while signing assembly 'c:\Projects\celeriac-sample-programs\labs\DaveSexton.Labs\Source\DaveSexton.Labs\obj\Debug\DaveSexton.Labs.dll' -- 'Error reading key file 'c:\Projects\celeriac-sample-programs\labs\DaveSexton.Labs\Build\Properties\DaveSexton.Labs.v2.snk' -- The system cannot find the file specified. ' C:\Projects\celeriac-sample-programs\labs\DaveSexton.Labs\Source\DaveSexton.Labs\CSC DaveSexton.Labs

Error 13 The tag 'InverseBooleanToVisibilityConverter' does not exist in XML namespace 'clr-namespace:DaveSexton.Labs;assembly=DaveSexton.Labs'. Line 9 Position 4. C:\Projects\celeriac-sample-programs\labs\DaveSexton.Labs\Testing\DaveSexton.Labs.Tests-Windows\App.xaml 9 4 DaveSexton.Labs.Tests-Windows

Error 14 The tag 'OutOfBrowserContentControl' does not exist in XML namespace 'clr-namespace:DaveSexton.Labs;assembly=DaveSexton.Labs'. Line 11 Position 3. C:\Projects\celeriac-sample-programs\labs\DaveSexton.Labs\Testing\DaveSexton.Labs.Tests-Windows\Category1\UI\OutOfBrowserLab.xaml 11 3 DaveSexton.Labs.Tests-Windows

Error 15 Cryptographic failure while signing assembly 'c:\Projects\celeriac-sample-programs\labs\DaveSexton.Labs\Source\DaveSexton.Labs.Build\obj\Debug\DaveSexton.Labs.Build.dll' -- 'Error reading key file 'c:\Projects\celeriac-sample-programs\labs\DaveSexton.Labs\Build\Properties\DaveSexton.Labs.v2.snk' -- The system cannot find the file specified. ' C:\Projects\celeriac-sample-programs\labs\DaveSexton.Labs\Source\DaveSexton.Labs.Build\CSC DaveSexton.Labs.Build
Mar 29, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Hi,

I don't check in the assembly strong-naming key to source control, for security reasons. That's why you're getting crypto errors.

To get rid of the crypto errors you must either disable signing in every project by unchecking the Sign the assembly checkbox or create your own key.

The remaining errors are probably related to the fact that the assembly couldn't be built. Fixing the crypto errors will fix the other errors too.

I usually write a "How To Build The Source Code" document for my open source projects, but I seem to have forgotten to add one for this project. I'll make a note that I should add one.

- Dave
Apr 1, 2013 at 5:59 PM
That was the problem -- thanks!