- Fixed a bug in the installer that causes it to crash on 32 bit OS.
- Fixed a bug in the installer that causes it to crash if Visual Studio isn't installed.
- Added new methods: UserInputFileToOpen, UserInputFilesToOpen, UserInputFileToSave and UserInputFolder.
- Windows Phone throws NotSupportedException for all of these.
- Silverlight throws NotSupportedException for UserInputFolder only. Also, some of the parameters on the other methods are ignored.
- Breaking Change: If you've already installed Labs Framework 1.6, then your existing lab projects will not work entirely unless you manually upgrade them to use the new versioning convention. This new convention will make in-place updates easier in the future. To upgrade an older lab project, edit the project file and replace <LabsVersion>1.6.0</LabsVersion> with <LabsVersion>1.6</LabsVersion>.
The following items are installed:
- Project and item templates for Visual Studio 2010.
- C#, Visual Basic and F# templates are available.
- Templates are automatically installed for all users if Visual Studio 2010 Pro edition or higher is already installed on the target computer. (Express editions are not supported.)
- Close all instances of Visual Studio before installing. See Troubleshooting for more information.
- Assemblies are available for .NET 4.0, Silverlight 4/5 and Windows Phone 7.0/7.1.
- MSBuild files used by lab projects.
- These files are installed regardless of whether Visual Studio is installed.
See the Release Notes
See Getting Started